A GUIDE FOR SELLERS
When you make the decision to sell your home, the goal is to get the best price and the most favorable terms in a timeframe that meets your needs. From effective pricing and marketing to making sure the closing process runs smoothly, I am here to be your partner and support you every step of the way.
When you are selling your home there are a few useful things to know:
- The first step is to prepare your home to make it appealing to buyers, including staging your home.
- It is also imperative to take high quality photos of your home for all marketing materials, print and online.
- Work together to develop a marketing plan, learn about the current market and set an appropriate price.
- Holding open houses is an important way to showcase your home. You should offer both brokers’ open houses and public open houses.
- You and your agent can keep track of who is visiting your property, including both agents and prospective buyers to check for opportunities.
- When you receive an offer, it is time to consider negotiating for the best price and terms of the sale.
- You and your agent should monitor to make sure the buyer's financing is moving forward and that their loan documents reach escrow in the proper time.
- Once the documents reach escrow, you will sign the final papers. Closing is complete when the funds from the sale become available to you.